The WD Dar Research Leadership Award aims to appreciate and recognize the vital contributions of research leaders in developing an R&D Institution, formulating workable policy on research and development, the implementation of which substantially contributed to the enhancement of R&D. This will be named after Dr. William D. Dar, the major donor of the Award.
Nomination for the Award
- The Nominee may or may not be a PHILARM member, of good moral character.
- A recognized leader in R&D
- Must have left or impressed a ‘tangible monument’ as a research leader
- Must be nominated by at least 10 PHILARM members
- Nominations should be addressed to the PHILARM President, Attention: the Chairman of the Awards and Recognition Committee (ARC) on or before February 28 of the year of the award
- List of Nominees together with the nominations and supporting documents shall be reviewed by the ARC and a shortlist of three (3) nominees shall be officially endorsed to the PHILARM Board of Directors for the final evaluation and selection.
- The recipient of the award shall be notified by the PHILARM Board in order that she/he can confirm her/his attendance and receive the award during the PHILARM Convention.
Criteria for the Selection of the WD Dar Research Leadership Award
- Had served as a Research Leader of R&D institutions in various capacity with unquestionable integrity.
- Has initiated or lead in the advocacy and formulation of an R&D policy, the application of which resulted to significant/substantial contribution in the development, advancement and sustainability of the R&D Sector.
- Has been a head/leader of a scientific or professional organization involved in R&D
Frequency of giving the WDDRLA
- The WDDRLA shall be awarded every year during the convention.
- A WDDRLA recipient can only receive the award once
- Plaque of Recognition will be given the recipient of WDDRLA
- A Cash Prize will be awarded to the recipient of the WDDRLA donated by Dr. WILLIAM D. DAR, Director-General of the International Center for Research in the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT).
Click here to view the list of previous awardees of the Research Leadership Award.