The WD Dar Research Leadership Award aims to appreciate and recognize the vital contributions of research leaders in developing an R&D Institution, formulating workable policy on research and development, the implementation of which substantially contributed to the enhancement of R&D. This will be named after Dr. William D. Dar, the major donor of the Award.
Nomination for the Award
- The Nominee may or may not be a PHILARM member, of good moral character.
- A recognized leader in R&D
- Must have left or impressed a ‘tangible monument’ as a research leader
- Must be nominated by at least 10 PHILARM members
- Nomination should be addressed to the PHILARM President, Attention: the Chairman of the Awards and Recognition Committee (ARC) on or before 30 June 2018.
- List of Nominees together with the nominations and supporting documents shall be reviewed by the ARC and a shortlist of three (3) nominees shall be officially endorsed to the PHILARM Board of Directors for the final evaluation and selection.
- The recipient of the award shall be notified by the PHILARM Board in order that she/he can confirm her/his attendance and receive the award during the PHILARM Convention.
Criteria for the Selection of the WD Dar Research Leadership Award
- Had served as a Research Leader of R&D institutions in various capacity with unquestionable integrity.
- Has initiated or lead in the advocacy and formulation of an R&D policy, the application of which resulted to significant/substantial contribution in the development, advancement and sustainability of the R&D Sector.
- Has been a head/leader of a scientific or professional organization involved in R&D
Frequency of giving the WDDRLA
- The WDDRLA shall be awarded every year during the convention.
- A WDDRLA recipient can only receive the award once
- Plaque of Recognition will be given the recipient of WDDRLA
- A Cash Prize will be awarded to the recipient of the WDDRLA donated by Dr. WILLIAM D. DAR, Founder and President of InangLupa Movement.
Click here to view the list of previous awardees of the Research Leadership Award.